SHIPMENTS: All products are shipped F.O.B., point of shipment. Freight and processing charges are passed on to the customer at current rates plus $4.00 per box for materials and labor. The cost of any special packing or special handling caused by Buyer's requirements or requests shall be added to the amount of the order. Displayed shipping charges on orders placed online are estimated shipping charges and are subject to change based current rates, surcharge and fees.
Orders can ship UPS, FedEx, USPS or common carrier if requested and will be billed to the customer’s account with the requested shipper. The $4.00 per box handling fee for materials and labor still applies when using customers shipping account. Orders that do not specify a shipment method will be shipping via most economical.
ACP Composites may pass along additional charges for:
- $20.00 for any sheets, panels and laminates 48" x 48"
- $50.00 for any sheets, panels and laminates 48" x 96"
- $10.00 for Blind shipments: only available upon request
If a shipment is refused or you are not available for delivery, you are responsible for the original shipping charges, any Import Fees that are incurred on the package and the cost of returning the package to ACP Composites. This amount will be deducted from your merchandise refund if applicable.
Most Economical Shipments
ACP provides the option for customers to select Most Economical as a shipping method for domestic and international orders. When this method is selected ACP considers the size, weight, and shipping time and then chooses the most economical choice between USPS and UPS. Please review each of the shipment methods and make sure you feel comfortable with their terms before placing your order.
All UPS shipments will be insured at carrier rates. UPS Next Day Air, Second Day Air and 3 Day Select service is available and will be charged according to UPS rates. Please note that all UPS Air charges are based on either the actual weight or the dimensional weight (packages measuring three cubic feet or larger) of the box shipped, whichever is greater. A package over 84" and up to 165" in girth and length combined is classified as over-sized and will ship at a cost greater than the actual weight.
When shipping via UPS, UPS may pass along additional charges for:
- $10.00 for UPS COD which is charged per box and is payable by certified check or money order. Upon approval, a company check will be accepted.
- $13.00 for hazardous materials. Some materials may be considered hazardous and will require special shipping and can only ship via UPS Ground.
- When a change to the shipping address is requested after shipment is in route due to Buyer error a fee of $12.00 will be applied to the order to cover fees applied by UPS.
A UPS tracking number will be sent via e-mail if your e-mail address is supplied with the order. Call our toll free number, (800) 811-2009, or send an e-mail to email@example.com, if you require additional details on your shipping charges.
USPS Shipments within USA
Once an order is given to a USPS carrier the item becomes that carrier's responsibility and ACP Composites Inc. is no longer liable for the shipment.
All DOMESTIC orders are shipped insured . This USPS insurance provides coverage for a lost, rifled, or damaged article. Shipping costs are not covered.
Please note these exceptions:
- Insurance cannot cover lost packages due to an incorrect address provided by a customer at checkout. ACP is not responsible for the loss of these packages
- If you enter a wrong address at checkout and the package is sent back to us we will ship it out to you as soon as a correct address is established by the customer (extra shipping fees will be required before re-shipment)
- Most insured orders need to be signed for upon delivery (usually orders insured for a dollar amount over $49.00). It is the customer's responsibility to follow through in obtaining their package, should they not be available to sign for it at the time of delivery
- Please visit the USPS Insurance Info page for detailed information on this service by going to their website: http://www.usps.com/insurance/welcome.htm.
Filing a Claim with USPS:
- If a Delivery confirmation number shows your package as being delivered to your zip code, but you still haven't received it, a claim cannot be filed. Please contact your post office supervisor with the Delivery Confirmation number so they can proceed in an investigation.
- A package must be missing for 21 days from the date it was shipped before a claim can be filed
- In the case a claim is filed, it can take anywhere from 1 to 3 months to be resolved. Refunds/replacements will usually not be sent out until a resolution via the USPS has been made
International shipments can be sent via UPS Worldwide Expedited or USPS Priority International depending on availability and preference.UPS Worldwide Expedited offers reliable and fast shipping, but they can be priced significantly higher than USPS.
Currently, we ship via USPS International Priority with Insurance for all International Shipments. This is significantly more economical then UPS Worldwide Expedited. However, you need to be aware of the possible complications such as length restrictions, poor tracking ability and a lengthy wait for reimbursement for lost packages. Currently ACP does not ship International Flat Rate due to the inability to ship insured or offer tracking services (please read the USPS Priority International Service Restrictions section below before choosing this option as the preferred shipping method).
We have included a rate calculator to both USPS and UPS so you can get a ballpark figure prior to making your shipping selection:
- UPS Shipping Calculator: https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_us
- USPS Shipping Calculator: http://postcalc.usps.gov/
USPS Priority International Service Restrictions
- Once an order is given to a USPS carrier, the item becomes that carrier's responsibility and ACP is no longer liable. ACP is not responsible for any packages lost or damaged while in transit to a destination outside of the USA.
- USPS Priority International is shipped insured for all orders over $100 and the charges paid by the customer. However, you must work with USPS directly on the claim if your package is lost or damaged. Therefore, ACP will not refund or replace any articles lost or damaged in shipment via this method.
- Maximum length of an international package to most countries is 42 inches (some countries are 39 inches) for USPS international.
- If a USPS package becomes lost, tracking is very difficult and time consuming. A package must be missing for 21 days from the date it was shipped before a claim can be filed.
- In the case a claim is filed, it can take anywhere from 1 to 3 months to be resolved. Refunds/replacements will usually not be sent out until a resolution via the USPS has been made.
- All postal charges must be prepaid and will be billed to the customer.
- Please make sure you feel comfortable with these terms before placing your order, as absolutely NO replacements can be sent out and NO refunds can be made by ACP if an International Order is lost or damaged while in transit via USPS Priority International Service.
INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMS: All customs fees are to be covered by the recipient.
SHIPPING QUOTATIONS: Upon request, shipping is quoted prior to shipment. ACP Composites Inc. requires a valid ship-to address and an exact order for reference. Allow 1-2 business days for shipping quotes to be provided. Written shipping quotations are valid for acceptance within 2 weeks and the quotation number must be referenced when ordering to be honored. Verbal shipping quotes will not be honored.
BACKORDER: If a product is out of stock and is estimated to ship within 2 weeks of order the date, we will hold the order and ship complete, unless otherwise requested. If the order is expected to ship after 2 weeks from order date, we will backorder the out of stock item and ship all other available items, unless otherwise requested. Applicable shipping and handling charges applied for each shipment.
DELIVERY: ACP Composites has provided personal and fast service since 1985. We carry a full inventory and will ship your order complete within 2 business days. If we are temporarily out of an item, we will inform you within 2 business days. If it will be longer, we will backorder (BO) the product. Please review our backorder policy.
If your order is for a custom product, we will make all attempts to complete delivery of the product(s) in the time frame quoted to the Buyer. If for any chance a delivery should be delayed, the Seller will make a good faith effort to contact the Buyer. The Seller will not be responsible for any loss or damage which may result for a late delivery. The products may be delivered in advance upon giving responsible notice to the Buyer.
Any complaint of short delivery or damage to product(s) must be notified to the Seller within 5 business days of receipt.
EXPEDITE: ACP Composites ships orders complete within 2 business days. If a request to expedite shipment, prior to the standard 2 business day lead time, an expedite fee will apply.
- $75.00 for any order $500.00 or less
- 25% of order total for any order over $500.00
REFUSED OR REJECTED SHIPMENTS: Shipments that are refused, rejected or abandoned by the consignee at destination will be returned to the shipper. Return freight charges will be the responsibility of the consignee. These fees, including any applicable restocking fees and outbound shipping charges, will be automatically deducted from the available product refund and credited to the original form of payment within 1-2 weeks of receipt of return.